The invaluable source for critical coverage and in-depth analysis of prepress and digital printing technologies
To improve services to our readers and widen our readership we have put Spindrift online. Subscribers get content updates more frequently and we have more flexibility to provide timely news analysis, commentary and feature articles.
Click the image below to proceed to Spindrift.click, or
The latest articles in our WIld Format Digital Series … Everything you need to know about getting the most our of wide-format digital printing technology.
Changing behaviours is what environmental awareness and regulation is all about. The graphics industry has come a long way as far as sustainability goes, steadily improving its environmental impact for the last few decades. This has mostly been to improve its bottom line, cutting waste and process inefficiencies to hang on to thinning margins. That doesn’t detract from the fact that waste streams for aluminium and paper are established and profitable. They have in turn encouraged all manner of new businesses associated with turning refuse into new raw materials. So far so good, but it takes politics to encourage the right conditions for such businesses to thrive. It takes politics to encourage printing companies and their customers to push the recycling model further.
Crossword Puzzles from Spindrift - Number 60
4. Characteristic of a workflow that conforms to expectations, ISO or otherwise. (12)
9. Edition or iteration. (7)
11. An effort worth four or five points for league or union. (3)
12. Flow behaviours, of inks and other fluids. (10)
14. Keep tabs on that file! (5, 2)
1. Print too many? Or just on top? (12)
2. Lacking regularity or definition to their contours or external lines. (9, 6)
3. To contain, complete or satisfy. (4)
4. Slight, not aggrieving, glitch. (4)
5. Sector apart from toner. (7, 6)
Would you like a bespoke puzzle for your company? No problem! Get in touch and let us know what you require.